Welcome

Welcome to my VERY random blog. The Home page will show you all of the posts in my blog. If you would like to find just the posts related to our move to and life in Hawaii, click on "The Journey"

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Getting the Most Out of Your Bubble Bath

Yeah that's right.  Bubble baths!  Who doesn't love them? Even my husband does (he is awesome like that.) And of course so do I.  I got 2 bottles of bubble bath for Christmas last year, funny story actually.  My husband and sister both got me the SAME kind.  At first I was thinking of exchanging one for a different scent, but decided I liked the one they got enough that I'd keep both bottles.  It shimmers.  It makes the bath water shimmer.  It's good stuff.

The kind they both got me is one of the Philosophy ones...

It is SUPER thick. I always felt like when I squirted it in, it just broke up and flowed to the other side of the tub, and the bubbles were good but I wanted MORE bubbles.  When I made it to the bottom of the first bottle, I had to figure out of course a way to use up that last bit that wasn't going to come out on it's own. And that is how I came up with the idea!

It seems, that THINNER bubble bath makes for a better bubble foam.  Since the bubble bath is made to dissolve in water, it can easily be diluted and still work.  In fact, it works better.

So the first thing you need is an empty bottle.  I happen to have the empty bottle that matches my current bottle, but any bottle would do.

Squirt 1 long squirt or 2 squirts of your bubble bath into the bottle...





Then you add some water to the bottle...


And swirl it/gently invert it or shake it VERY gently.  You want to dissolve the bubble bath, but NOT make it bubble (much) in the bottle.



If you mix it a day or more beforehand you can actually skip the mixing step, it will most likely dissolve into the water pretty well on its own.  Next time you go to take a bubble bath, squirt the watered down version into the running water and watch the bubbles come!  You get the same bubbles, if not more, with one squirt watered down as I used to get with like 5 squirts full strength.



~Katy

No comments: