Welcome

Welcome to my VERY random blog. The Home page will show you all of the posts in my blog. If you would like to find just the posts related to our move to and life in Hawaii, click on "The Journey"

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Nail Obsession! OPI "My Pointe Exactly"

I know that my husband reaaalllly loves me when he brings home nail polish for me.  Seriously, he thinks I have more than enough nail polish and don't have any need to get any more.  So when he comes home with nail polish for me, well, I know it's just out of a sheer desire to make me happy.

Last week he went for a hair cut, and came back with the OPI NYC Ballet Petites mini set.  It comes with 3 sheers and one glitter.  I couldn't wait to try it out, but I hadn't had on the color I was wearing long enough to justify taking it off.  Sad.  It wasn't too long, though, before my naisl chipped and I just HAD to redo them.

I chose to do my nails in My Pointe Exactly.  It's a sheer milky gray shade.  I've read some reviews of this line, and some people love this color and some people hate it.  I've seen a few people mention with this line how many coats you need to prevent VNL (visible nail lines, for those who aren't up on the nail polish lingo.)  Normally, this annoys me as well.  But this is a sheer, jelly polish.  That is what they DO... I mean, it isn't supposed to be opaque.  Otherwise it wouldn't be sheer!  Now that I have embraced the sheerness, I amreally loving this type of polish.  I want to try a couple of them with white tips, but alas, I have no white polish (isn't that proof enough for my husband that I clearly don't have enough nailpolish??  haha)

In any case, I used 3 coats of My Point Exactly and while, yes, it does leave VNL, I think that is part of the charm.  A lot of the people from the "hate it" camp I think fall into 2 categories: people who put so many coats on that it is quite gray, or those who have naturally cool tones so it stays quite gray on their nails.

On me, and especially in the sunight, this looks more tan than gray and I LOVE it!  I have to be honest, I wasn't sure I would like this color after some of the reviews and pictures I had seen.  But the tan look I find a nice, clean, neutral look.

I used Orly Orlon basecoat, which has is a little milky on its own, and I think may have contributed slightly to the final look.  I used NYC Grand Central Station for my top coat, because I am out of my Seche Vite right now, and since I painted my nails a few days ago that means the color is starting to crack.  I took pictures anyways.



If you like nail polish, check back soon.  I got 2 new polishes last night and since this color is starting to crack I'm planning to redo my nails tonight or tomorrow morning!  I'm going to be using the new SinfulColors Rain Song, #1201, which I have yet to find pictures of online.  It looks like a sheer iridescent purple, very pretty, I will post pictures once I get it on my nails!

~Katy