Welcome

Welcome to my VERY random blog. The Home page will show you all of the posts in my blog. If you would like to find just the posts related to our move to and life in Hawaii, click on "The Journey"

Friday, October 12, 2012

First Time For Everything!

So, many of you may know me, but not necessarily well.  Because of that, it's likely that you don't realize how non-political I tend to be.  I tend not to vote, actually I have only voted once, and have always just let everyone else deal with political issues.  As you probably noticed from my last entry, this election season is different.  I am just over the main candidates.  And, thanks to isidewith.com, I found a candidate I DO like.  Which leads us to a first for me,

I never before have attended any sort of political event.  Starting to follow Gary Johnson, though, I have thought "it would be really cool to meet him, and to hear him talk in person!" And had that thought when an event was created for him appearing in New Mexico earlier in the week.  Then, up pops an event with him in DC.  That's close!  I was trying to figure out how to rearrange my work schedule so I could go, and up pops another event in Richmond.  The DC event was a "meet and greet" somewhere with drinks (THAT would have been nice) and in Richmond there was a "rally" at VCU.  Drinks is more my style, but my schedule could only be rearranged to get to Richmond so that is where I went!

Gary is just the same in person as in the videos I have seen of him online.  He is consistent with his message, and what really stood out to me was the question portion.  He answered every question, and they were not pre-screened.  He didn't go on tangents and avoid ANY topic.  He may have started in a direction that seemed to not address the question, but it always, always tied back in.  Basically, it would go like this "What do you think about X?"  and he would reply "Z blah blah Y blah blah, and that's why for X...." it's nice listening to a politician that is up front.

Here are some pictures from the event!  I even got to shake his hand and get a picture, I was thrilled!











~Katy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Modern Rolex timepieces use a very hard replica watches sale form of steel which is an alloy called 904L. In addition to being very corrosion resistant 904L steel is very difficult to machine. Engravers typically replica watches sale like working with softer metals such as gold, silver, or brass. While I didn't have a chance to discuss it with the engravers, Blaine did respond that the engravers offered a lot of complaints about the difficulty of engraving replica watches sale each watch. Well, despite complaints, the resulting engravings are gorgeous and done with replica watches sale extreme precision. These are world-class decorations that you'd find on the finest guns or blades. I am a big fan of engraved decorations on watches - and while I personally am not into tattoos, I don't mind swiss replica watches them at all on a wrist watch. According to MadeWorn, each of their watches takes about a month to engrave, and replica watches no two timepieces will be made alike.